Monday, April 11, 2011

#9: Run a Half Marathon

This, honestly, seems scarier to me than natural child birth. I'm for cereals here! No Trix! Those people who "run"... I mean really run... the ones whose focus seems like it can eat you alive. Those people are the people that my nightmares are made of. This falls in line with REAL Athletics... which I always shied away from. I was a dancer. A golfer. A fisherman. Sports to me are a little wider in definition than to others. Athletics are a different topic altogether. And running is definitely one of those athletic things. But one thing, this 30 before 30 is all about, is tackling demons. Slaying my inner dragons. Facing my fears and proving that strength and perseverance and pure stubborn will power exist within me. I know I'm a strong person. But I'm also the type of person who can easily move on, put the goals aside, readdress them at a later date. Pretend that I don't have dreams and that I'm okay with mediocre. So... I'm going to run a half marathon. End of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment