Thursday, April 28, 2011

#16: STOP Procrastinating

I am, believe it or not, the world's worst procrastinator. I will wait until the last possible second to do whatever it is I have to do. I promise. Now... with that said, I'm a speedy project tackler. I can whip out a little girl's dress in under 2 hours, I can clean my house in the same flashy amount of time, 8 loads of laundry can be knocked out in one afternoon, dinner can be on the table in 20 minutes. I work well under pressure! This is a positive...

However, I like to sleep and many times I stay up late finishing what should have been finished, I end up having to forgo my daily shower because I'm in a time crunch, or we're late. Always. We are always LATE! And this ladies and gents, is because I'm a procrastinator! Not because I'm lazy or can't tell time or don't wear a watch, although there may be some truth to all of those (at least I think I can tell time, maybe I can't). But simply because I put everything in my life off until the last possible second!

Do you know how much easier my life would be if I re-packed my diaper bag every night? Or prepacked Carson's lunch for school? Or did laundry daily instead of once every couple of weeks? Or, and this one is my favorite, put things where they go instead of piling things on my kitchen counter?

I am the Queen of "I'll Do It Later". I prefer to watch TV, play in my garden, sit with my husband, play with my kiddos, SHOP! But at the same time, and here is where you get to meet my split personalities.... I am so anal retentive and I HATE clutter and I HATE filth! It eats at me. I mean seriously eats away at me until I just want to throw everything away and start over! So... I need to stop procrastinating. I think it will make me a calmer person. Maybe. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment