Friday, March 11, 2011

#5: Conquering Yeast Breads

I want to make my own bread. Specifically sour dough. And it has always seemed so hard. I read the recipes and all of the steps and I think, really? Really? I'll just go to the bakery.

We all know I love to cook. It's one of my bigger passions in life. Mostly, I love food and recognize that high end cuisine is not within my budget so I've just learned to replicate what I see in blogs, magazines and on television within the walls of my humble kitchen. So I've read the recipes and skirted around them and ignored them and then I go buy a loaf of Rosemary Olive Oil Bread for $5 or a long, crusty French baguette and think, "Why am I not making this at home?" So I'm going to start trying it. I know it will only save like $20 a month but hey, it's $20 we were spending on store made bread, that can go toward my beautiful shoe collection! Or something more practical. Whatever!

1 comment:

  1. Talk to Brynne. We have a great american sandwich bread recipe which takes no time at all (20 mins) to prepare and about 2 hours total even with 2 yeast rises. And I have a 20 Minute bisquit recipe that uses a food processor. That's 20 minutes from start to out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete