Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#1: A Healthier Me

So my first, in my 30 before 30 challenge, is an all encompassing goal. A HEALTHIER ME. Basically I want to live forever and look amazing! ;) Don't we all? Seriously, I just want to look good, feel great and know that I've done everything I can to live my best life (no, Oprah, Bob Green or self help narrator needed).

It begins with my need to lose weight. My need to eat better. My need to keep myself in check. My need to love myself. Like I said all encompassing. This one is really a goal for this year specifically. And is part of my baby step program. One day at a time. One tiny step at a time. I've recently (3 weeks now) started going back to the gym 4-5 days a week. I alternate 2 hours of cardio with 30 minutes of cardio/1 hour of weight training/30 minutes of ab work. It's an every other day thing, it's intense and I'm sore most of the time. But I feel things changing and I know I'm mere days away from seeing things change.

I recently ordered a Bodybugg and am very excited about it. Please visit the website. I've heard great things, really liked what I've researched and though the initial investment seemed expensive, I think it will be the turning point in my journey. And that is exactly what this is going to be. A journey, one that never ends. I'm not going to wake up 3 years form now, look in the mirror and go okay I'm done. I've arrived where I want to be. Things change, life changes, goals change, how you look changes... everything changes and I have to learn to grow with the change.

The Bodybugg has an online program to help with calorie intake which is a big one for me. I'm an emotional eater. I'm happy, I eat. I'm sad, I eat. I'm bored, I eat. I tun to food to comfort me. To sooth me. To aid me in my day. I don't want food to be my nucleus anymore.

I also hope that in creating a healthier me I become the example my children want to follow. I know, thanks to genetics, that obese children are not going to be a problem for me. Even though I don't eat all that well, my children are fed as if their bodies are temples. Which of course they are. Organic, whole grains, fruits and veggies, few refined sugars, small meals, well rounded snacks. I'm ridiculous about my children and I've let myself become a trash can. Carson is allergic to corn. You read that one correctly! So his allergy really has aided us in creating a healthier home.

So #1: A healthier me. Stay tuned... steps are being taken, let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment