Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Policies, Schmolicies!

I went to the gym today! Yeah me!!!!! It was raining, I'm in a lousy mood, and I just didn't want to go... but I did. And I got through upper body weights when the ever annoying intercom announced, "Amanda Green to the Fun Club. Amanda Green to the Fun Club."

So down I went praying for a dirty diaper because that's quicker to deal with than an upset Logan or, and it hasn't happened yet, a Carson who has broken a rule and now has to leave. (Oh and I'll get to that nonsense!) But a dirty diaper it was not. It was Logan, screaming because he was hungry, because he refused to eat before we went, because he refused to nap, so he was in a crappy mood and not cooperating with Mommy. So I, who came prepared (which I never am, so the preparedness was quite an accomplishment), took Logan to the locker room to feed him. And I had to sign him out. Of course! He is an infant and when someone removes an infant or child from the Fun Club they have to sign said infant or child out.

What I didn't know is that once signed out they cannot be signed back in! No one has ever told me this. No one has ever explained to me that a child can only be signed in and out once a day regardless of circumstances. No one has ever told me that even though you get two hours of child care per day, if you sign out your child after 45 minutes you are done... they cannot come back in. No one has ever explained to me that their policies are crap!!!

Oh I knew most of them sucked since when my children get dirty diapers I get paged, because the staff is not allowed to change diapers... yeah that is as stupid as it sounds. "We run a child care program but we don't change diapers." BLAH! I say BLAH to that! If a child cries for more than 10 minutes you are paged... now this one doesn't bother me as much because I don't really want my children getting that upset but... again, I don't get a phone call from preschool if Carson is having a tantrum do I? No! They deal with it. But this one? This one really pushed me over the edge today...

If I had known that by signing Logan out to feed him I would not have been allowed to bring him back I would have gone and gotten the bottle and fed him in the nursery. If I had known that by signing him out, he couldn't come back I just would have signed out BOTH of my children and gone home, and fed him at home, where it's more comfortable... and clean. And why? OH WHY? When I signed out my infant did someone not say... "Do you want to take Carson too?", because at least then I would have asked why? And then someone could have explained to me this ridiculous policy!

What if I want to take two 1 hour classes but they are at different times of the day? Too bad for me, I guess. What if I have an emergency and need to pull my kids out but I can come back later? Too bad for me!

Look, I love the people who work there, the place is really clean and well kept. And I've even found a couple of sitters. And I'm sure if you have potty trained 5 year olds than it's a great place. But for those of us who have small children, un-potty trained children, infants... it down right sucks. Most of the time I get through my workouts without and issue. Both kiddos are fine. But today when I needed... NEEDED... to work off some energy. To get on that treadmill and go... just GO! To sweat and move and release all of this tension. I get paged. And well, then I get screwed by policies. so tot hat I say, "Policies, Schmolicies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment