Saturday, January 15, 2011

THE LIST

Where to begin...

Let's start with the office:
Organization is very much needed in this space. And I think I'll do before and after pictures (possibly during photos as well) so that I can see the improvements. It needs to be gutted and rearranged and sorted through and a few things need to be purchased for more storage/ better storage.
- filing cabinet: at least two drawers and small enough to go under one end of the desk
- smaller (8 cubby) shelf that matches existing shelf (Ikea)
- orange boxes for the above (8)
- 8 foot folding table for work space (currently I have 2, 3 1/2 foot tables)

I need a filing system for both businesses, bill paying, and orders that are waiting to be produced. Also need some sort of mail center that can hang on the wall. I'm a fan of going vertical!

The scrapbooking "stuff" needs to be gutted. I'm pretty sure I haven't looked at a bulk of it in two years. Ribbon needs to be sorted, as do embellishments. And pictures have got to be purged. Let's face it if it is two years old and you've already scrapped that specific outing or adventure and there are left over pictures... just throw them away! But alas I hang on to them as if some magical project will come along and I will need that specific picture.

Moving on to the closets and cabinets:

I'm closeter. What is a closeter you ask? Well its person who shoves stuff in closets and cabinets and hopes they stay closed. The house looks clean so therefore it is. The only problem with this is every time I open a cabinet or closet, I want to crawl out of my skin. Specifically, the linen closet in the hall, the boy's closets and the coat closet. My closet isn't too bad actually. The boys closets are mutli-purpose currently as their clothes are so small. Carson's stores my American Girl Doll Samantha and all of her accessories. She can't go in the attic, because she'll melt or warp and what if I need her again someday?!?!?!? Also random holiday decorations that aren't safe for the attic. Logan's has some of my clothes that I never wear or even look at or even remember for that matter and costumes. And the dreaded plastic drawer storage of stuff I've had since college. I'm not even sure what is in that thing!

And then we have the kitchen cabinet on the island. It has become my shove it in and forget about it. I know this because the plates I used for the 2009 Christmas party are in it, taunting me. As well as a few kitchen gadgets I've not touched since we moved into the house, which of course means, I don't need them.

And oh lordy, the bathroom cabinets are a frightening mess!

Under the beds will be last. And whatever is under mine is surely not safe to touch. Whatever is under Carson's, well it isn't quite as old so maybe it will be alright.

When all of the above is done it it will be time to get serious about a few of the following things:
1. Finding a church
2. Budget
3. Gym time
4. A day for bill paying
5. A cleaning schedule
6. Filing system
7. Coupons
8. Finding summer programs for Carson

I am a pro at the list making, am I not? The Christmas is down and it is more than time to start on everything. Stay tuned for photos... I know you are at the edge of your seats!

1 comment:

  1. I'm serious. Finish your play and then we can have organizational mommy's night in! Some friends, some wine, some laughter, some disorganization. Sounds perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete